WhY YoU MaD?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BF3 Patch discussion...

+4
Watkins34
mrgerbik03
Decreped
null
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BF3 Patch discussion...   - Page 3 Empty Re: BF3 Patch discussion...

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:18 pm

But what I meant earlier was that I played around in the menus with it both on and off, and off definitely looks better, which is counterproductive from a graphical standpoint. If it is on by default you'd expect that turning it off would make things look a tiny bit worse, but on my TV it looks noticibly better. I think for ME, it is better off due to the video mode my TV uses....like game mode is doing some degree of AA already, and using the ps3's is overkill on top of that. On a less badass TV having the AA on would improve the image, I'm sure.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by law_1990 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:37 pm

atleast the Havoc flys good now.
law_1990
law_1990
Completely Berzerk
Completely Berzerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:53 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:But what I meant earlier was that I played around in the menus with it both on and off, and off definitely looks better, which is counterproductive from a graphical standpoint. If it is on by default you'd expect that turning it off would make things look a tiny bit worse, but on my TV it looks noticibly better. I think for ME, it is better off due to the video mode my TV uses....like game mode is doing some degree of AA already, and using the ps3's is overkill on top of that. On a less badass TV having the AA on would improve the image, I'm sure.

Do you have a Panasonic TV? My PS3 is currently plugged in my Panasonic Viera TC-32LZ800, is that a badass TV? Meaning should i turn it off or leave it on?

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 pm

I have a 60" Sharp Quattron 3D full 1080p, but the Panasonic Viera is definitely up there in the kickass bracket, yeah. Does yours have a GAME a/v mode? And how are you connecting the PS3, via HDMI? If it is a 32", you probably don't need to have your PS3 set to output any higher than 720p anyway, but I'm not sure about how Panny does their a/v modes...if you don't have any input lag, and you are not sure if bf3 AA should be on or off, I'd go with what you personally think LOOKS better. For me, with it on, it looks a little blurry and indistinct. Not just jaggy edges, but even things that should be sharp, like text. Toggle it on and off, and look at the background image. If off looks better, see how it looks in game. If it is all jaggy and rough looking put it back on. If you get input lag with it on, take the graphical hit and turn it off. Ideally you'd have GAME mode and no input lag, and it looks best off.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:55 pm

OK, PS3 connected via HDMI. Tv output capability is 1080p. So it takes the maximum of the game capability and PS3 upscales to 1080p (don't know how that works but its like that). My TV has "game" option only in "picture mode" (not sure if thats what you meant).

Now you seem to know a lot about that stuff so what is: "AI Picture" (its on) And what is "motion focus"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:57 pm

thats why i watch all download stuff on PS3, it upscales to 1080p and looks a lot better than on the PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:59 pm

I miss my Panasonic...will be at least 3 months till she comes back to me.
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 pm

mrgerbik03 wrote:I miss my Panasonic...will be at least 3 months till she comes back to me.
Its the only brand of TV i'm buying from now on. Since my first Viera Plasma that still works A1 in living room to my bedroom LCD Viera, and when i plug my Ps3 on them, no lag! Love them! (have 2 other old non panasonic CRT TV's)

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Upscaling on anything under 36" isn't really necessary, and in a lot of cases degrades the image a bit. If it is native 720p, upscaling doesn't really help. But if it looks better, go for it. Picture mode and a/v mode = same thing, so yeah...you should use it for gaming. Not sure what AI Picture is, but my guess is it is an automatic picture adjustment, like active contrast or white balance (contrast) or black levels (brightness) that adjust according to the image displayed, or it could be an automatic backlight adjustment. Motion Focus is used for displaying high speed imagery, things like sports, etc. sharper...it isn't a "sharpness" setting adjustment, per se, but it alters the refresh rate of the display to more accurately track moving images. Like, standard refresh rates are 60hz, but that mode probably takes your refresh rate up to 120hz. Up to 240hz now is available. It is usually best left on, but if you ever watch a movie or regular TV, and it seems flickery or strobey then turn it off. Most likely you won't ever notice this anyway.

Have you ever had your TVs calibrated? I do mine myself with this program on my laptop, a specialized light/color meter, and proper test pattern bluray discs, and you need to do it for each input, so it is a pain in the ass, but pros charge about $300 to do it. It is critical to get the right color temp set so that white is true white, black is black, and all the colors are to the exact standards. Also, brightness, contrast, sharpness. Etc. People tend to fuck with all that by hand and mess up everything, but all the shit works together and a misadjusted set looks like shit most of the time and merely OK some of the time. I cringe when I go to a friends house and they are showing off their set and colors are totally retarded...its like "can you not SEE that!?".
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:43 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:
Have you ever had your TVs calibrated? I do mine myself with this program on my laptop, a specialized light/color meter, and proper test pattern bluray discs, and you need to do it for each input, so it is a pain in the ass, but pros charge about $300 to do it. It is critical to get the right color temp set so that white is true white, black is black, and all the colors are to the exact standards. Also, brightness, contrast, sharpness. Etc. People tend to fuck with all that by hand and mess up everything, but all the shit works together and a misadjusted set looks like shit most of the time and merely OK some of the time. I cringe when I go to a friends house and they are showing off their set and colors are totally retarded...its like "can you not SEE that!?".

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-WOW-World-Wonder-Blu-ray/dp/B0045ASBLG

it's actaully got some good reviews, I saw a video of the menu and features and on teckzilla and it looked very intuitive too, the guy (TV tech guy) was impressed with the features on it too, though he personally uses this

http://www.amazon.com/Spears-High-Definition-Benchmark-Blu-ray-Edition/dp/B001UM29OC/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_b
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 pm

The battlelog forum tears of faggotry and complaining are fucking AMAZING.Jesus fucking christ people, learn to ADJUST. These little shitbags complain about minor tweaks to their most preferred OP weapons...just fucking use ANOTHER gun now, no need to keep spamming the same shit forever. The ones crying the loudest are the ones that have like one weapon with 50 service stars, and nothing else. OR they are little vehicle bitches that suddenly now have to learn some new techniques because they get blown up now by weapons that were previously useless...god damn, I hate this fucking community of assholes.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:51 pm

DaN-PrS wrote:
GoMonkey66 wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-WOW-World-Wonder-Blu-ray/dp/B0045ASBLG

it's actaully got some good reviews, I saw a video of the menu and features and on teckzilla and it looked very intuitive too, the guy (TV tech guy) was impressed with the features on it too, though he personally uses this

http://www.amazon.com/Spears-High-Definition-Benchmark-Blu-ray-Edition/dp/B001UM29OC/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_b

Yeah, the Disney one works really well. I use a couple of different things though, like the DVE HD Basics one, and that Spears and Munsil one (didn't actually like the Spears one though). There's also a GREAT one from the AVS Forum, called AVS HD 709:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496. For my meter I use this: http://www.amazon.com/X-Rite-EODLT-Eye-One-Display-LT/dp/tags-on-product/B000CR78CE
And the app I use is called HCFR. Fucking makes it SO easy and accurate.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy_driveR3 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm

NOOOOO, My beloved Tungska is terrible now. it takes a full burst to kill someone if you land all of your shots.

on the bright side, javelins one hit disable, the Havoc can turn, you can see whats on the map, and custom servers. im just waiting for the 24/7 Metro servers. plus my new favorite map is Wake Island with its 5 flags
Crazy_driveR3
Crazy_driveR3
Truffle Shuffler

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Smaw > Jet.

nuff said.
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy_driveR3 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Decreped wrote:Smaw > Jet.

nuff said.
THAT did not happen, ok.

this did: Javelin > Havoc
Crazy_driveR3
Crazy_driveR3
Truffle Shuffler

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
Decreped wrote:Smaw > Jet.

nuff said.
THAT did not happen, ok.

this did: Javelin > Havoc

Decreped+SMAW+you in jet at low level=you blowing the fuck up lawl
Watkins34
Watkins34
cracked at least one Watkins Mom joke

http://YourMoMisthebomb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by law_1990 Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm

well tanks are useless now.

See you on metro.
law_1990
law_1990
Completely Berzerk
Completely Berzerk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 pm

so please let me know if:

1) the game is now broken (even more so)
2) fixed
3) same shit, different version
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 am

DaN-PrS wrote:3) same shit, different version

I don't even have to play the game to tell you.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 am

Played with a few things this morning, noticed I can't select a loadout for recon while in game. Whatever I choose it switches to the L96 when I click.
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:04 am

@Gerbs think that's just you haven't had that happen to me.
@Dan the choppers now make you GOD they are like BC2 choppers now. As for the USAS it is shit the rate of fire is slow as balls now and fag rounds suck. As for the FAMAS idk I haven't seen anyone use it so I guess its shit. The RPG and SMAW can fly up to 100feet before it starts to drop so it's like having the CARL from BC2 happyface And it's a oneshot one all choppers and jets.
The javlin is now a oneshot disable and it always hits the CTV can be seen on the tank and the splash damage on the tank has been buffed happyface the guided round can't lock on as far as they use to same with the STINGER and IGLA but when they do who ever your looking on to is fucked. And the G3A3 is now as good as the M16. The F2000 is way more accurate now. As for the squad shit Decreped and I have been put on the same team and same squad together the dice still sucks with squads cause if some asshole joins your squad you can't kick him just mute him but the patch seem's okay so far.
Watkins34
Watkins34
cracked at least one Watkins Mom joke

http://YourMoMisthebomb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by null Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:08 pm

meh...

look at dat repair tool at the last couple of minutes of the video... wow.
i agree with his points for the most part. it is way to late to release such a huge patch and change the game play.
null
null
Hates Mexican Food
Hates Mexican Food

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 pm

kaumatizo wrote:meh...

i agree with his points for the most part. it is way to late to release such a huge patch and change the game play.

1) You shouldn't be able to repair if the chopper is moving.

2) Every chopper game is now Atacama Desert.

3) BF3 is the Mitt Romney of video games. It'll completely change whenever it wants.

4) I agree with most of the other stuff he said besides my first sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:07 pm

so tanks are now rolling coffins and you can flare laser targets?!?!?!

I wanna know where from the community did DICE hear they needed to fix these things. who was the one guy that said repairing tanks should take longer? i thought the vehicle warfare was one of the better and more polished things the game had going for it, why fuck with it?

we all knew the game would feel very different but that video really shows how fucked up some shit got.

hating DICE is too easy and really not entertaining at this point, quite sad
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:11 pm

DaN-PrS wrote:so tanks are now rolling coffins and you can flare laser targets?!?!?!

I wanna know where from the community did DICE hear they needed to fix these things. who was the one guy that said repairing tanks should take longer? i thought the vehicle warfare was one of the better and more polished things the game had going for it, why fuck with it?

we all knew the game would feel very different but that video really shows how fucked up some shit got.

Vehicle combat was Ok except for the infinite repair choppers. After that was fixed, vehicle warfare was PERFECT. If tanks do that much damage to other tanks, the APCs have no chance.

Oh well, back to playing RE:ORC for the rest of my life.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 pm

RagingTaxidermist wrote:
DaN-PrS wrote:so tanks are now rolling coffins and you can flare laser targets?!?!?!

Vehicle combat was Ok except for the infinite repair choppers. After that was fixed, vehicle warfare was PERFECT. If tanks do that much damage to other tanks, the APCs have no chance.

Oh well, back to playing RE:ORC for the rest of my life.

that's what I don't get, I know people didn't complain much about chopper repair and those who did were dwarfed by the FAMAS/USAS complains but the one thing related to vehicles they could have addressed they didn't, then they fuck with everything else.
I can't beging to understand what goes through the guys minds that make these decisions.
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Havent been in a tank yet, but wondering if the maintenance perk is now a useful perk. Seems like something they were trying to do in this patch was make useless perks more useful, so maybe now you actually have to make choice between prox. scan, reactive armor, and maintenance. Not that I like the sound of the change, but that must have been what they were up to, assuming maintenance works better now.
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:34 pm

DaN-PrS wrote:I can't beging to understand what goes through the guys minds that make these decisions.

BF3 Patch discussion...   - Page 3 Money1

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:54 pm

kaumatizo wrote:meh...

I have to disagree with the dude in the vid. You still need skill to play this game and looking from his gameplay he lacked any.

For the tank related things. Its always been about who gets the first shot. Its like that for almost everything. And he says that you need an engie on the ready for repairs. Of course you do that what the gunner was there, for the most part.

Air related stoof only got a little harder learning curve.
Before the patch I would try to usually flare before the other dude would shoot his missles but since the flares no longer breaks the locks if you flare too early they are going to have to open to die. As for stingers their are really good now since they only time a helo is bothering you is when they get close to you which is when the stinger is king. It might have a smaller radius to lock on to but it locks on almost instantly.

You can't really listen to him because like he said. He's only tried for about an hour or so. I had the hole day with it.
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 pm

I've taken down plenty of tanks who had the 1st shot on me. Most people don't know that even if they hit me 1st I can hit him in a weaker tank part and inflict more damage then 2 of his shots.

That's called aiming which in turn equals skill. I haven't played it though so I can't really comment on what it's really like only assume. I am pretty upset that they addressed so much of the vehicle warfare though because I thought that it was one of the better areas the game was best at.
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next