WhY YoU MaD?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Ops 2

+7
schnuggi
Razgriz19
Crazy_driveR3
mrgerbik03
Watkins34
DaN-PrS
GoMonkey66
11 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Are you getting BO2, and if so, how do you feel about it?

Black Ops 2 I_vote_lcap0%Black Ops 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Black Ops 2 I_vote_lcap7%Black Ops 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Black Ops 2 I_vote_lcap29%Black Ops 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Black Ops 2 I_vote_lcap7%Black Ops 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Black Ops 2 I_vote_lcap14%Black Ops 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Black Ops 2 I_vote_lcap21%Black Ops 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Black Ops 2 I_vote_lcap21%Black Ops 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Black Ops 2 Empty Black Ops 2

Post by GoMonkey66 Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:47 am

Ok...here's the deal...the last CoD I played before jumping franchises was MW2. I loved CoD4:MW and MW2. The campaigns were hella fun, and the multiplayer was fast and furious, pretty damn fun, but was just broken by glitchers and open mic assholes. I wasn't a big fan of killstreaks, didn't like some of the perk combos that were stupid, and there wasn't much objective-based play despite game modes...but the maps were cool. I gave up after getting my teeth into BC2, and with vehicles and destruction, larger maps, more balance, squad-only chat, tactical/strategic aspects, objective-based play, and a fun progression BF had me. When Black Ops and MW3 came out, I had zero interest in playing them. The basic premise hadn't changed at all from the first CoD, and it was all about twitch gaming and talking shit and camping for killstreaks. Fuck that shit.

But then DICE fucked up BF3, that shit got stale and unfocused and became a huge disappointment. No matter what they added, it had no real clan support, customization was limited, the challenges were pointless and tedious, etc. It had vehicles and lots of guns, and cool map variety, but destruction was less than satisfying, etc. etc...I don't need to go on, you all played it.

So now I've been reading shit about BO2, seen some of the trailers, watched some gameplay, and read the long list of features, customization options, modes, challenges, and everything else...and it fucking DESTROYS what we have in BF3 now. Consider that Metro and the other infantry maps are mostly what everyone plays, and then compare that to BO2, and even if you only played TDM or CTF in it, and I see no reason why CoD as a franchise is "inferior" to Battlefield anymore. BF tried to take COD's crown, promised that it would, partially delivered, then ultimately failed, and now BO2 is coming and is just raping BF3 in the butthole. I'm a little bored with "modern warfare", and looking at some of the near future shit they are throwing in this game...it just looks fun as hell, online or off. Here's some single player highlights...and it will be in 3D, which for me will be awesome:

I'm still on the fence about getting it...I need to know more about it, and need to see what happens at launch, since it is usually a total clusterfuck, but looking at the amount of support BF3 has gotten post-launch, and looking at how much they have done for the CoD franchise it's hard to argue that BF3 is better...I mean, it took them a fucking YEAR to get BF3 to the point where it was good and playable, but unlike CoD they feel the need to change everything up based on feedback from retards in the name of balance. I'm just fed up with DICE, and EA can choke on dicks and die.

Just consider this: BO2 matchmaking will be based on ping and latency, not on region. There will be a steady progression of unlocks all the way up to prestige 10 and it will not reset your challenges each time (so no unlocking everything early on and having nothing to look forward to like BF3), there will be full clan support, character customization, emblem design, spectating mode, movie maker/editor with CODcasting posting your videos directly to YouTube, zombies (lol), fuck, here, just read this: http://mp1st.com/2012/09/27/new-black-ops-2-multiplayer-details-game-modes-challenges-player-card-theater-and-prestige/. Here, just check out some MP footage (not straight gameplay, just some bits and some other cool shit):

And that's just multiplayer...one of the best things (and for me really the only reason to play them) is the campaign in any CoD title. It's always a rush, is ridiculously over the top in the story and action, has exciting moments over and over, and has always been polished and a finished product. Just look at this launch trailer and tell me that squirrel suits, jet packs, stealth camo, and big-ass robots don't look fucking cool as hell:

So, anyway...what I'm saying is I'm seriously considering getting this game, at the very least for the campaign, and POSSIBLY for the multiplayer, if it isn't a festering shitpile of glitchers and assholes. Thoughts?

Last edited by GoMonkey66 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Black Ops 2 Empty Re: Black Ops 2

Post by DaN-PrS Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:37 am

never played any CoD, not a fan of tdm, the guns don't have recoil?

with so many great games coming out next year, I might be able to survive without a shooter
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Idk think I'll wait and see what the reviews and people who I know say about it before I buy it.
Watkins34
Watkins34
cracked at least one Watkins Mom joke

http://YourMoMisthebomb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 pm

I have been thinking along the same lines monkey, but not sure if I will get this out of the gate. It took them 6 months to get BlOPS 1 to work decently on PS3...so it may be a wait and see for me. I can't complain about devs selling beta versions of games if I keep on buying them.

But they usually do a good job with clan/party support and the videos are a lot of fun. Regardless of party size, they always did a pretty good job of finding a game and keeping everyone together. Killstreaks are meh, but at least they changed them so they dont stack anymore (at least that's what they did in Blops 1)

And then there is Nuketown 2025, its like the fleshstick glitch for multiplayer!
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:47 pm

MW2 pushed me to quit CoD and go to BC2. Now BF3 has pushed me away Battlefield and now I'm in the same boat as you. If we can get a solid group of guys to play this together, there should be no problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy_driveR3 Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

the only reason i will get this game is for the Zombies and that is still meh.

i loved WaW zombies but Black Ops kind of made it worse, IMO. i do love how its a story and it has all of these easter eggs that make it awesome.
Crazy_driveR3
Crazy_driveR3
Truffle Shuffler

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:24 pm

I honestly think we should give it a shot...I never played much beyond TDM and DOM when it came to MP, but...how bad can it be, really? Just like Raz has been advocating with MOH, we should at least try it before we rush to judgement or take sides. Who knows, this may be the franchise turning point.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:58 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:I honestly think we should give it a shot...I never played much beyond TDM and DOM when it came to MP, but...how bad can it be, really? Just like Raz has been advocating with MOH, we should at least try it before we rush to judgement or take sides. Who knows, this may be the franchise turning point.

I "rushed" to judgement on RE6. Then I tried it. You just gotta trust your gut sometimes. Though since CoD doesn't really change much, I doubt it'll be too different from what I remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:I honestly think we should give it a shot...I never played much beyond TDM and DOM when it came to MP, but...how bad can it be, really? Just like Raz has been advocating with MOH, we should at least try it before we rush to judgement or take sides. Who knows, this may be the franchise turning point.

Headquarters was probably the most objective based game they have, and its pretty fun. And search and destroy is a lot like demolition from socom. Level of fun generally depends on who you play with and muting everyone else
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Exactly! Mute all the 1wl2 year olds and gangbangers, and it can be fun. It just takes a lot of work, lol. HQ was fun, I agree. Its just the tiny maps that make tactical play difficult...there are only so many routes you can take, and all of the maps have multiple points of entry, so you have people camping but having to cover two or three entrances at once. There's no actual "hmmm...where could it be?" play. Idk, I'm drunk...I can't describe what I mean right now.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:19 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:Exactly! Mute all the 1wl2 year olds and gangbangers, and it can be fun. It just takes a lot of work, lol. HQ was fun, I agree. Its just the tiny maps that make tactical play difficult...there are only so many routes you can take, and all of the maps have multiple points of entry, so you have people camping but having to cover two or three entrances at once. There's no actual "hmmm...where could it be?" play. Idk, I'm drunk...I can't describe what I mean right now.

Yeah, once someone takes the HQ its like hit the dirt and wait to get spammed with grenades/RPGs and hope for the best, not a lot of tactics involved lol.
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 am

The game seems to do so many things right in theory, im a little interested. ill pick it up after release. Even though their games tend to be the less polished of the two series, the treyarch games are more enjoyable, always trying new things (zombies in W@W, the money system in BO, and now the new class system in BO2) kinda interested now
Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by schnuggi Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:21 am

I enjoyed Domination and Search and Destroy on Black Ops. Overall BO was the first CoD I actually prestiged (thx 24/7 Nuketown TDM). I used to play with Hostile and Blackrose and it was pretty enjoyable.

So yeah im gonna give it a shot anyway. Heres one of my fav BO vids from good old Blackrose aka IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...

schnuggi
schnuggi
Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 am

Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am

Okay that was awesome^
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am

Just because FPSRussia was in it.
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am

Lawl at FPS Russia.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 am

Crep, shouldn't you like...be evacuated or something?
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Not really no, but everyone across the highway was.
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:32 am

You gotta take pics as this fucker rolls in...
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 pm

NDA lifted

i copied and pasted this from gaf

•Sprint duration relies on what weapon you hold, with combat knife letting you run the furthest
•The Crossbow shoots faster than in BO. 3 shot clip, it has an Acog, Red dot, thermal and TRIPLESHOT. Fire 3 shots at once.
•Scavenger replenishes all equipment and lethals. Scav packs only drop from non-explosive kills, though.
•High scorestreaks are VERY hard to get. If you play for KD, play the objective. You'll look ridiculous with half the score as the OBJ guy.
•Recoil. There is significant recoil in Black Ops 2. Gun WILL take skill.
•Sniping is fun, but challenging. The Unscoped Ballista takes A LOT of skill. Will be hard for most snipers to get used to.
•The knife lunge range in #BlackOps2 is HORREBDOUS. You have to be point blank.
•BlackOps2 has one of the best spawn systems I've seen. Not too quick to flip, never got spawned in front of somebody.
•Sensitivity: now 1-14. 14 is the same as 10 in previous games. More tiers in-between, allowing you to tune your sens even more.
•Some maps are interactive. Cargo has moving shipment crates. Express has a bullet train that runs you over/cuts off spawns. Pretty cool.
•SMG's suffer a LOT of damage drop off, but are lethal up close. They did a good job catering each gun class to its actual role.

more comments from different people who have played. my interest has risen

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/comments/10ki8w/a_summary_of_tweets_a_couple_of_major_youtubers/

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Wow, sounds...familiar...in a good way!
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I don't know if making the guns take "skill" will balance all the guns are make the one with the slight advantage over the other ones shine so bright it overshadows every other gun in the game.

Also if sniping is too hard, expect nobody to snipe.

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm

It would be weird to play COD again...I mean, BF turned me into an objective player, as all of us are, and the vast majority of choadsmokers that play it are only interested in killstreaks. Now the game is tweaked to reward objectives and killstreaks are much harder to get now...so we may actually have a slight advantage over the usual fuckstains that play COD. I wonder how many disenfranchised BF3 players will make the hop this time?
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:23 pm

I think I'm going to get it what's it going to hurt right?
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:It would be weird to play COD again...I mean, BF turned me into an objective player, as all of us are, and the vast majority of choadsmokers that play it are only interested in killstreaks. Now the game is tweaked to reward objectives and killstreaks are much harder to get now...so we may actually have a slight advantage over the usual fuckstains that play COD. I wonder how many disenfranchised BF3 players will make the hop this time?
Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 pm

This made me look back at some of my black ops videos...

Me killing myself with a gas grenade...

Trolling my old clanmates with the flamethrower - probably the funnest thing to do in blops.

mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Those flames look awesome, compared to the BC2:Vietnam ones!
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 am

Read recently that they are not planning on selling the nuketown map as DLC...though I really doubt it...but you would have to preorder to play that map...

mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 pm

mrgerbik03 wrote:Read recently that they are not planning on selling the nuketown map as DLC...though I really doubt it...but you would have to preorder to play that map...

LSAT at 00:16.

Polymer cases Black Ops 2 2066584637

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum