WhY YoU MaD?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL

+10
Watkins34
null
cullen
Mav
schnuggi
DaN-PrS
Razgriz19
Decreped
mrgerbik03
Crazy_driveR3
14 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL - Page 19 Empty Re: BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL

Post by law_1990 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 am

BUT...

just like using a shotgun on a close quarters map. If you start using stingers out the ass. Don't get mad when everyone else starts using them.
law_1990
law_1990
Completely Berzerk
Completely Berzerk

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 am

As for if they are "allowed" to make rules like that...well...there's no reason they CAN'T, as there's no ToS restrictions or anything saying servers can't have their own rules. Just know that any server that has restrictions like that usually means the admins are butthurt whores of whatever those things are meant to restrict or take out. You can bet a "24/7 Canals - no stinger/igla/soflam" server has a bunch of fucking Little Bird whores in it, or a "Close Quarters - No C4 on Flags" server will have admins playing support and doing just that. The "No MAV killing" one the other night was hilarious...three admins doing nothing BUT that. Faggots.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:54 am

law_1990 wrote:because apart from the spas & 870, all other shotguns are pussy weapons ^^

the two pumps take skill to utilise effectively.

as for the no stinger rule, i can see why. Helos are fucked now. Maybe not so much for skilled pilots but for people who like using them every now and then. They're now a specialized vehicle to use for longer than 3 mins.

But if you don't see any admins in the server then go buck wild. Who the fuck is gunna stop you?

Santa claus is always watching...
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 am

GoMonkey66 wrote:As for if they are "allowed" to make rules like that...well...there's no reason they CAN'T, as there's no ToS restrictions or anything saying servers can't have their own rules. Just know that any server that has restrictions like that usually means the admins are butthurt whores of whatever those things are meant to restrict or take out. You can bet a "24/7 Canals - no stinger/igla/soflam" server has a bunch of fucking Little Bird whores in it, or a "Close Quarters - No C4 on Flags" server will have admins playing support and doing just that. The "No MAV killing" one the other night was hilarious...three admins doing nothing BUT that. Faggots.

I played in a "no flashlight" server the other night.

Spoiler:
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:56 am

"...---..."
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:59 am

"--. ..-. -.-- ..." over and over again...
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by null Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 am

lmao...

those restriction servers are stupid.
null
null
Hates Mexican Food
Hates Mexican Food

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:47 am

law_1990 wrote:
But if you don't see any admins in the server then go buck wild. Who the fuck is gunna stop you?

Lol, thats what i did. Didn't kicked but got a few msgs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:26 pm

law_1990 wrote:because apart from the spas & 870, all other shotguns are pussy weapons ^^

as for the no stinger rule, i can see why. Helos are fucked now. Maybe not so much for skilled pilots but for people who like using them every now and then. They're now a specialized vehicle to use for longer than 3 mins.

Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Razgriz19 wrote:

Watkins34
Watkins34
cracked at least one Watkins Mom joke

http://YourMoMisthebomb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm

nope
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Really dice? Doing the same thing with MOH?

BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL - Page 19 Oh_dic10

Giving DLC when game isn't even out yet.

jackichan
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Decreped wrote:Really dice? Doing the same thing with MOH?

BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL - Page 19 3337738144

DLC no longer = new content. Its just content they remove from the disc and force you to buy again. What makes you think the BF3 DLC is any different?

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 pm

RagingTaxidermist wrote:

DLC no longer = new content. Its just content they remove from the disc and force you to buy again. What makes you think the BF3 DLC is any different?

i really don't care about this argument anymore, its hard to tell if its taken out of the game for monitization, or (like with borderlands 2) the pack is after the game goes gold and is finished, which means they can't add anything else to it until after launch.

can't really take a stance, cause one side makes you look like a blind fanboy, the other a ultra-paranoid conspirasist. So i chose not to take a stance at all any more. no-fucks-given raz
Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 pm

It's just business strategy...it doesn't mean it is completed content held back, it just means they are finding ways to release a game and keep you interested in it down the line. It's like saying "we are committed to ongoing support for this title". Remember when games never had ANY expectation of DLC, because there was no way to provide it? Then they said "hey, people like this game...let's give them some new stuff to keep them playing", then people started expecting it and clamoring for it, and game companies said "hey, these retards would PAY for this shit", so it became "design game...plan DLC...plan more DLC...finish game...release details...promise DLC...release beta...release game...release DLC...release more DLC...release MORE DLC...RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

Last edited by GoMonkey66 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by law_1990 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:19 pm

1st signs of this was with BC2. DLC = disc locked content in that case.

Already part of the game...just needed to be 'unlocked' by the DEVS. Only original map pack was 7, and that was two re-modeled BC1 maps and one from the campaign.

EA says jump, their developers ask how high?
law_1990
law_1990
Completely Berzerk
Completely Berzerk

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 pm

I don't think the DLC was "locked" on the BC2 disc...I mean, yeah, the MAPS were there, but they tweaked modes on them...the bulk of data is the map, but making it CQ or Rush or whatever is a very small change. I think instead of saying "here's DLC to buy", it was actually "here's a throttled back game...we'll give you the whole thing eventually and you'll thank it for us later, but only if you bought it new". If anything, it was their first attempt at thwarting resellers and used games, like buying the "online pass" bullshit.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgerbik03 Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Razgriz19 wrote:
RagingTaxidermist wrote:

i really don't care about this argument anymore, its hard to tell if its taken out of the game for monitization, or (like with borderlands 2) the pack is after the game goes gold and is finished, which means they can't add anything else to it until after launch.

can't really take a stance, cause one side makes you look like a blind fanboy, the other a ultra-paranoid conspirasist. So i chose not to take a stance at all any more. no-fucks-given raz

same here, don't like what they are doing dont buy, simple as that. money talks.
mrgerbik03
mrgerbik03
Knifewhore

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Actually...this DLC/Preorder bonus is kind of unique, and I can see why it isn't a locked already-on-the-disc item (it's based on a movie tie in, and a donation is made to Project Honor):

Looks like Danger Close isn’t finished with adding more items to the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

Partnered with Zero Dark Thirty which is in theaters December 19th, pre-ordering the Limited Edition will net you the Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack, containing 2 additional multiplayer maps.

Chitral Compound is a Pakistan area in which Bin Laden was said to be hiding for a long time. Chitral is dominated by rural mountainous terrain with deep narrow valleys, with many places inaccessible several months each year due to snowy conditions.

The Darra Gun Market is located in tribal land where hospitality and revenge are the only two defined principles. Also located in Pakistan, police are forbidden to enter this area as all laws are made by the tribal leader. This small town contains dozens of back-alleys and self-taught machinists who build weapons by hand.

According to EuroGamer, this map pack will become paid DLC on December 19th to coincide with the Zero Dark Thirty release. The expected price is to be $10 USD, or 800 Microsoft Points. A dollar for each map pack sold will be donated to the charities benefiting actual war veterans as part of its Project Honor campaign.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:05 am

GoMonkey66 wrote:It's just business strategy...it doesn't mean it is completed content held back, it just means they are finding ways to release a game and keep you interested in it down the line. It's like saying "we are committed to ongoing support for this title". Remember when games never had ANY expectation of DLC, because there was no way to provide it? Then they said "hey, people like this game...let's give them some new stuff to keep them playing", then people started expecting it and clamoring for it, and game companies said "hey, these retards would PAY for this shit", so it became "design game...plan DLC...plan more DLC...finish game...release details...promise DLC...release beta...release game...release DLC...release more DLC...release MORE DLC...RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

Yes, they were called, expansion packs. Hell BF2, the game that most bf fanboys throw about in an argument, had them (Special Forces, Euro Force, Armored Fury) and they were awesome. But yea, most people think they are entitled everything being free after launch, when they are not. People clamor for "what maps do you want to see" or "bring back bc2 maps" ect, then when dice finally does say "hey we've made this new content for you" and the community immediately shits on it. To me, i like the way Dice is handling their DLC packs. Adding content in all areas of its MP (maps, weapons, camos, assignments, ect) and keeping them themed. So if you like tanks, but hate metro: buy AK and dont buy CQ. simple as that.

Im gonna say this now, but i really LIKE this game, i love battlefield. I just hate the fucking people who play it. sometimes dice does stupid shit in their patches (been like that since BF Vietnam) but they try to listen to us, i know that we all bitched at one point or another about gun changes, but i can personally say that ive been happy, or at least complacent, about the changes. Famas included.
Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:17 am

Yeah, I like the game too...I like DICE as a dev a lot. We all know its EA that fuck things up, lol. They rushed them to market, and DICE didn't have much choice other than to release it as it was. I like that D listens to the community, but yeah...it is a community of fucking pampered retards. I like that they tweak and balance as well...at least they TRY to address problems. They may not get it right the first time but I think overall the game has steadily improved with each patch. Something always breaks something else, but I'd rather have an AUG that is a sniper rifle with smoke rounds than no VOIP. And with all the DLC...shit, by the time they are done, this game will have more maps and modes and weapons than I will ever be able to master, and i like that.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:26 am

GoMonkey66 wrote:Yeah, I like the game too...I like DICE as a dev a lot. We all know its EA that fuck things up, lol. They rushed them to market, and DICE didn't have much choice other than to release it as it was. I like that D listens to the community, but yeah...it is a community of fucking pampered retards. I like that they tweak and balance as well...at least they TRY to address problems. They may not get it right the first time but I think overall the game has steadily improved with each patch. Something always breaks something else, but I'd rather have an AUG that is a sniper rifle with smoke rounds than no VOIP. And with all the DLC...shit, by the time they are done, this game will have more maps and modes and weapons than I will ever be able to master, and i like that.

exactly
Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:35 am

I really need new guns.
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 am

Watkins34 wrote:I really need new guns.

no you don't watkins. although, the next 2 dlcs are supposed to have 20 guns, so you'll get your wish in december
Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by schnuggi Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 am

Im awesome
schnuggi
schnuggi
Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by schnuggi Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 am

Im awesome
schnuggi
schnuggi
Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:40 am

Razgriz19 wrote:

no you don't watkins. although, the next 2 dlcs are supposed to have 20 guns, so you'll get your wish in december

I have 500 kills on almost every gun Raz I need new guns!!!
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:41 am

Heard you the first time, Scheißesprecher
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:41 am

Watkins34 wrote:
Razgriz19 wrote:

No, you need to go outside more often.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz19 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:45 am

Watkins34 wrote:
Razgriz19 wrote:

how about instead of trying to go for mastery tags on every gun, you find 2-3 guns per class you like and just use them? this is battlefield, not pokemon dude lol. honestly, going for mastery tags takes away the fun imo, its supposed to be incentive to try out new weapons.
Razgriz19
Razgriz19
Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next