WhY YoU MaD?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL

+10
Watkins34
null
cullen
Mav
schnuggi
DaN-PrS
Razgriz19
Decreped
mrgerbik03
Crazy_driveR3
14 posters

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL - Page 33 Empty Re: BATTLEFIELD 3...NOW FOR REAL

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:40 am

You mean the knife leaping lunge from twenty-five feet.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:51 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:You mean the knife leaping lunge from twenty-five feet.
I'm having flashbacks of those days. It was whitepass, my unit and I were assigned to take out an enemy MCom base, we first engaged the enemy at a housing section, I sent privates Sonic and Cheeze to attack Brove house while I assaulted Alpha house with another squad. I made quick work of Alpha house and was going to rally up with the rest of my squadron when I heard it... The screams... I found my squadron wiped out but not by another squad though, but by someone else no! Something else. Suddenly I realized the squad that I previously helped take Alpha house with was gone, no guns, ammo or even bodies to prove they were there, that's when I heard it the sound of a blade being unsheathed, by the time I turned around it was to late. The next day I woke up and was missing my tags... I know what it was that took me and my squadron out even to this day I remember what it was, it goes by one name..... kaumatizo
Watkins34
Watkins34
cracked at least one Watkins Mom joke

http://YourMoMisthebomb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iron-Thunder77 Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Ugh, making me want to buy bfbc2 for pc. When I'm home in may we should squad up on bf3
Iron-Thunder77
Iron-Thunder77
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Watkins... Just... Lol.  
freddy
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by null Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:18 pm

dude the lunge was amazing, you just crouch as you press the knife button and boom you're halfway across the map
null
null
Hates Mexican Food
Hates Mexican Food

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:40 pm

I could never get it to work consistently for me.  But then again, I couldn't get anything to work for me in that game.  Such a gitgudskrub.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by law_1990 Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Man i fucking remember people calling kaum out being a cheater on the old EA BC2 forums because of his knifing  cheers

BC2 was the shit though. BF3 was good(after like, 6 months). but BC2 was by far the most fun i had. Fucking Arica.
law_1990
law_1990
Completely Berzerk
Completely Berzerk

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:01 pm

^ this

Also...it took BF3 over a year to get it's shit together.  BF4 never really did, IMO, but was slightly less painfully unplayable during it's lifetime.  I don't have any BF's left, lol, but I'm cautiously optimistic for 5, against all better judgement and track records.  Maybe now that DICE has a game on the PS4 under their belt they will do better this time.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by null Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:31 pm

i'm sure bf4 would have gotten there but the fact they released it for ps3 then transferred to ps4 we lost people from the transfer and people gave up on dice and waiting for updates.
null
null
Hates Mexican Food
Hates Mexican Food

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:23 pm

BF4 is a better game now but it's a little late for a lot of true BF players, I truely hope the next game turns out great even after all the shit dice has done to us these last few years.
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Last Gen peasants ruin everything, lol

nomeme
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:26 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:Last Gen peasants ruin everything, lol

nomeme
It held a lot of content back for GTA5.
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by law_1990 Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:03 pm

yeah apparently BF4's good now. Shame it wasn't 2 years ago lol. Took them 4 months to get it even remotely playable but even then the launch was just eugh. Like biblical levels of bad.
law_1990
law_1990
Completely Berzerk
Completely Berzerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:30 pm

law_1990 wrote:yeah apparently BF4's good now. Shame it wasn't 2 years ago lol. Took them 4 months to get it even remotely playable but even then the launch was just eugh. Like biblical levels of bad.
DICE said upon the 1st patch that Stingers will be able to lock onto air vehicles from an ungodly distance and so it came true, DICE then said upon the 2nd patch that active protection lasted to long and smited it with an UNHOLY FURY the likes of which no one man has seen before!!! It was then upon the 3rd patch DICE took pity upon us mere mortals and chose to nerf the ACE guns finally giving diversity amongst the Battlefield. But DICE has a funny since of humor, for they then smited the air once more by making flairs recharge time lasting 15 SECONDS!!!!
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:19 pm

Well, instead of fixing actual problems it was more important to rebalance. Then rebalance again, changing everything. And then rebalance again, changing it all over again, so every patch literally felt like a different game. Fucking pick knew and stick with it. Shit's OP? Just remove it and address the real issues. 

Well, it's all water under the bridge now anyway. I'm glad that the fools who stuck with it are finally playing something along the lines of what they should have been playing since the beta.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by limitless Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Watkins34 wrote:I've been getting the battlefeels as of late myself, I wish they'd just do a remastered version of BF3 for PS4

I used to feel this way but after an embarrassing amount of hours played of that game (competitively, pubs, and shits and giggles), there are things I cannot absolutely stand about that game especially after playing BF4 recently (within the past two months). These things (mainly suppression and a nerf of AN-94 since I consider myself primarily an infantry player) would need to be adjusted before I spend many many hours on the game again. 

I'd say the only things I liked BF3 more than I liked BF4 was the gunplay (minus suppression and the AN-94 [which is more OP than the M16A3]) and the maps. I think it's just awful that I find the expansion maps in BF4 to be a lot more enjoyable than the maps provided in the base game. It really shows that DICE at the time had no idea what makes a map enjoyable. I still don't know if they have the know how to consistently make an enjoyable map. 

However, I will say this, from what I've seen at least on the PS3 version, I do think BF4 is a lot better balanced vehicle wise than BF3 ever was even though many people including myself, who had enjoyed BF3 hated the change. I figure I'm probably among the few that feel this way. Playing the game recently changed the way I felt about those changes though. 

Reactive armor on Main Battle Tanks no longer severely increases the amount of damage a tanker can receive before they either bail and run for cover to repair the tank and the lost armor. Adding to this, repairing now takes forever which means that tankers must choose their battles a lot more carefully which is an aspect I find much more favorable to everyone, including casual players. 

Scout Helicopters aren't as OP as they used to be because of said repair tool nerf. While I do find it amusing watching someone go 151-0 on Noshahr Canals on Christmas day, it's not enjoyable at all for the people on the opposing team and for the people on our team just idly watching while the scout heli pilot slays the other team on the Carrier Deployment. 

And finally, Attack Helicopters aren't nearly as OP and unbalanced as they were in BF3. One, they limited the amount of ammo a gunner can spam at any given moment so you do have to be frugal about how you spend that ammo. I forgot to mention they did this with Main Battle Tanks as well, limiting the amount of tank shells you can fire. They did this for other vehicle classes too. Zoom Sniping is no longer an issue as it was in BF3 which took away the enemy's ability to challenge the heli with anti-air weapons. 

One change I'm still on the fence about is the change they did to the tv missile. What was once always a one hit kill is now something more unreliable to get a kill in one shot. I don't quite understand the mechanics of the tv missile in BF4 given that I've only fired it a couple of times (I don't like the way the missile moves or controls compared to BF3, it feels weird) but I'm pretty sure I've seen it kill on one hit a couple of times unless I'm remembering things wrong. There are other times where it takes multiple tv missiles to get a kill.

Lastly, while on the subject of vehicles, I do find the changes made to the jets more fair to everyone although a lot of the skill required to be an ace in BF3 has been negated. I don't quite understand all the nuances of the jet in BF4 but from what I can tell in casual play and many rounds of air superiority, dogfighting in BF4 doesn't depend on speed control as much as BF3 did which gives everyone more of a fighting chance. They also gave 3rd person view a reticle so you can dogfight from 3rd person which is quite nice. 

I think all these changes to vehicle gameplay makes the game more enjoyable to everyone, specifically the casual player because it gives them more of a fighting chance. Coming from BF3 though, it is harder to appreciate the changes made to vehicle balance especially when you're the one used to single-handedly dominating other teams with vehicles. I understand why players who were used to dominating in BF3 were upset. Yet I do feel that while these implemented changes might not be perfect, BF4 is certainly better balanced vehicle wise given the fact that it gives more players a fighting chance. That said, I know it's not impossible to dominate a round in a vehicle because I've seen shared reports on Battlelog showing someone go 100-0 or something in a MBT. However, I don't think you can play exactly the way you would in BF3 to get that type of score either. 

The only other changes I prefer BF4 over BF3 is the suppression is a lot less noticeable, the fact that pistols feel like they hit harder and kill faster, the nerf to the defibulator, and the fact that LMG's are a lot more manageable and easier to use without the need of a bipod. Also, the AN-94 is a lot better balanced within BF4 than it was in BF3. That's a plus. I actually like the gun now. xD

I find it funny that I'm now noting the changes in gameplay between BF3 and BF4, two years after BF4's release but BF4's release was so godly awful, I basically hated the game without appreciating any of the changes DICE was trying to make. It took me two years and the persuading of a very special someone to come to this game and look at it in a much more favorable light. 

In terms of experience though, nothing will top BF3 for me because of all the people and friends I've met, the challenges and the drama of being in any competitive team, the memories made with friends (i.e., Operation Venom or playing Rush in the Aftermath Expansion), and the memories of all my best moments in the game. 

Sorry I wrote a book. 

TLDR; There are some aspects of BF4 that is much better balanced than BF3, primarily the vehicle balance.

Last edited by limitless on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of thoughts)

limitless
Noob

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJEARWgCK-zcVU50g98-qWQ

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Quality post.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:59 pm

I actually agree with you on a pretty much everything you said, BF3 was a much more enjoyable game but BF4 did do a lot of things right that BF3 didn't. Now I don't necessarily like that Jets are the way they are now or that the game is more suited towards the casual gamer. With that said though Dice has done a good job balancing the game out... It's shame it took them 2 years though.
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by limitless Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Watkins34 wrote:I actually agree with you on a pretty much everything you said, BF3 was a much more enjoyable game but BF4 did do a lot of things right that BF3 didn't. Now I don't necessarily like that Jets are the way they are now or that the game is more suited towards the casual gamer. With that said though Dice has done a good job balancing the game out... It's shame it took them 2 years though.

Honestly, I could do without the jets in a Battlefield game. It just messes up the balance too much because on one hand, if you balance the jet like DICE did in BF3, an ace can straight up dominate a game and there's nothing you can do about it unless you have an ace on your team as well. On the other hand, if you balance the jet like DICE did in BF4, the amount skill needed to be a good dogfighter has been lessened due to the fact that DICE took a lot of the technical aspects out of flying. It's hard to balance jets to the point where it'll make everyone happy and I doubt DICE will ever achieve that. 

I do think that there's generally less recoil in this game than there was in BF3 which does lessen the amount of skill needed to be good but probably not by too much. Also I think if BF4 didn't have all those spammy explosive weapons and had better maps all around, it would be a much more enjoyable game. All those explosive weapons definitely cater to the noob because it's just less effort to get a kill. Which is why playing 64 player Metro or Lockers is never a good idea. Which also leads to the point that playing on Lockers is never a good idea to begin with because that map is just bad.

Also, I should mention that I'm looking at this purely as a former competitive player turned casual so I think the balances changes are for the better. They still could use tweaking though to not punish those who are skilled at the game but that said, even though BF4 isn't as rewarding to those with skill as BF3 was, people still have no trouble doing well in BF4.

I have no interest in playing competitive anymore. It just doesn't interest me at all especially with all the drama and vitriol in the community. A lot of people who play competitively are pretentious assholes who have no class and I rather not be part of a community where no one can get along.

Last edited by limitless on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reasons, reasons, and reasons.)

limitless
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Jets in BF, bleh. Habu is right. Watkins, you should go play Ace Combat instead if you need your jet fix. 

And the comp scene on consoles seems like it's dying out, with nothing really good to play. I mean, COD kids can still do the same boring old thing, but BF keeps reinventing the wheel with every major update or new game, so there doesn't seem like much motivation to master a weapon if they change everything up so often. 

And yeah, Lockers should have just been called Operation Chokepoint. Terrible.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by limitless Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:56 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:Jets in BF, bleh. Habu is right. Watkins, you should go play Ace Combat instead if you need your jet fix. 

And the comp scene on consoles seems like it's dying out, with nothing really good to play. I mean, COD kids can still do the same boring old thing, but BF keeps reinventing the wheel with every major update or new game, so there doesn't seem like much motivation to master a weapon if they change everything up so often. 

And yeah, Lockers should have just been called Operation Chokepoint. Terrible.

COD still has comp (MLG haha). Halo does too I think. I don't think DICE has ever intended for their game to be played competitively judging by the way they design their maps and the way they balance the gameplay. That or they just don't have the know how to make maps worthy of competitive matches or how to balance everything for competitive gaming.

limitless
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:44 pm

See I feel like dice could have just simply taken the Jets and Choppers from BF3, put them in BF4 and make them so once you've blasted through ammo you've gotta wait for it to  resupply just like it is now, I also think they could have given the flairs the same timer as they are now for both vehicles. In my opinion I feel like there wasn't anything wrong with how the Jets and Choppers handled in Bf3 but that's just me.
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by limitless Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Watkins34 wrote:See I feel like dice could have just simply taken the Jets and Choppers from BF3, put them in BF4 and make them so once you've blasted through ammo you've gotta wait for it to  resupply just like it is now, I also think they could have given the flairs the same timer as they are now for both vehicles. In my opinion I feel like there wasn't anything wrong with how the Jets and Choppers handled in Bf3 but that's just me.

It's a question of balance and I think DICE did a pretty good job meeting those concerns to the point where it can be enjoyable for most people who play the game. It's definitely not BF3 by any means but I think it's something the most casual players can live with and not constantly complain to DICE to nerf.

limitless
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:08 pm

Say Habu what happen to all of your BF3 videos?
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by limitless Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Watkins34 wrote:Say Habu what happen to all of your BF3 videos?

I deleted my old channel and lost all the videos. The new channel I have is basically all new footage.

limitless
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 am

Man you had some good videos.
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down