WhY YoU MaD?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement

+6
Iron-Thunder77
Decreped
DaN-PrS
GoMonkey66
null
Watkins34
10 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement - Page 4 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement

Post by DaN-PrS Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:38 am

DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement - Page 4 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement

Post by GoMonkey66 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:47 am

Yeah, that's about right!
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by null Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Megafail.

Quote went all crazy.

But I lol'd
null
null
Hates Mexican Food
Hates Mexican Food

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 am

DICE wrote:1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.
There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems
While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?
Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?
The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and “falling into the map” on Operation Métro
This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map
This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not
The DICE team has been looking into this issue – which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/06/246-dfj-246-dfj.aspx

DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:16 am

Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 am

SICK

SICK PART II
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:38 am

DaN-PrS wrote:

Just for context, in case you haven't seen this in-game:

http://www.gamesradar.com/highlight-week-not-buffalo-soldier/
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:44 am

olo_Te4b4gZ_olo wrote:

SICK PART II

Ps3 footage that looks amazing.

Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement - Page 4 2r4mlu8
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:03 pm

olo_Te4b4gZ_olo wrote:
DaN-PrS wrote:

Just for context, in case you haven't seen this in-game:

http://www.gamesradar.com/highlight-week-not-buffalo-soldier/

Seen it doin it
Watkins34
Watkins34
cracked at least one Watkins Mom joke

http://YourMoMisthebomb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:02 pm

New BF3 maps firestorm and some other map looks great they fixed all the glitches can't wait Very Happy
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Decreped wrote:
olo_Te4b4gZ_olo wrote:

SICK PART II

Ps3 footage that looks amazing.

Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement - Page 4 2r4mlu8

Who's the hot chick?
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Watkins34 wrote:
Who's the hot chick?

Boxxy! (LINK)
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 am

Watkins34 wrote:Who's the hot chick?

How dare you.....
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:33 am

Decreped wrote:
Watkins34 wrote:Who's the hot chick?

How dare you.....

Inorite?

Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement - Page 4 Boxxy2

Best Boxxy pic:

Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement - Page 4 Boxxy_Sweet

I Battlefield 3 - prelaunch excitement - Page 4 Boxxyheart BOXXY
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:46 am

DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 am

^^ This video is essential for interwebz access.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:55 pm

How did the BF3 page turn into the boxxy page?
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Watkins34 wrote:How did the BF3 page turn into the boxxy page?

Boxxy > BF3 beta. Besides, you asked who she was, lawl.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 pm

I would've really liked to see my stats on this beta. I found it to be much easier to go positive then in BC2. Also found the wookie class to be a lot different.
I don't think BC2 recon and BF3 recons are really the same. Well maybe because the damn sensors didn't work in the beta but still. BC2 either you stay back and 12x it out all game or 1337scope/slug it out and motion spam the fucking map all day long. BF3 I found that, unlike BC2, you can't just run around as much as, I don't mean camp, but I mean you can rush every time you hear a crate go off or you need to clear a room. Plus I actually like the radio beacons, I found them to defiantly be a game changer and that many disregard.
Take for instance the 3rd and hardest base in the beta, I take the large staircases past the 1st ones that leat to the elevators, make a right and place my radio beacon there. Most times I make it because there's usually one guy if that watching it, the rest of his team are ambushing the side staircases and the 1st ones by the elevators. Now I place the beacon here most times (I sometimes make it across to the crate and place the damn thing right on it, like a dick lol), from there that crate is ours.
Once that crate is gone my squad will keep the enemy very busy trying to run to the other crate and the team can usually get the 2st crate by themselves.

So you see in BC2 I'd have to, as a recon, now rush the 2nd crate as well, spam sensors there and set camp for the squad. I find BF3 to be more tactical this way. Same goes for other bases, I've had games 30-10, 40-15 and not really even trying to rush the crate, just taking my time to set up a beacon, carefully advancing and letting my dumb squad mates move up 1st. And yet get ace pin mvp most of the time.

I'm really wondering what "hardcore" is really gonna be like in BF3, remove the map and spotting, no crosshairs? If so seems pretty useless, but we'll wait and see.

I actually enjoyed playing the beta.
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:10 pm

I like the fact that the game CAN and SHOULD be a more deliberate pace...Rush, especially. I think we'll see a lot more "take and hold" in CQ than running around back and forth between flags, and hopefully most players will realize you can't and don't need to just blindly run towards every objective. It seems like each class will have a lot more to contribute to the win and each squad will have to plan the best loadout and class mix to dominate. No more faggy all Rambo Trains or wookie shotgun squads. You'll also need to support each other and play the classes much more. This beta was an extremely poor way to show that, but...
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm

olo_Te4b4gZ_olo wrote: I think we'll see a lot more "take and hold" in CQ than running around back and forth between flags,

this is exactly what I'm trying to say, I felt that even in Cq we just ran around and capped flags all day instead of capping and holding. Now that I think about it I use to play Rush only in BC1 and until I met and formed PwN I was a Rush kind of guy. When I first started playing Cq I use to cap a flag with the squad and while they went to cap the next I stayed and "defended", well I soon learned that din't work because like my squad had left me so did the enemy leave the other flag and they were coming straight for me, in bunches.

We'll see how this plays out in the new game, the bigger maps should prevent people from just running like mad men to the next objective and the lower health should prevent the crazy running...
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Ok, glad I'm not the only one, lol...
Seems like people don't MIND recapping the same flag over and over (in BFBC2), because you can get a +150/+75 for doing so, which seems like big points, but if you hang out at a flag you have already and defend it, you get a fuckton of kills plus defend bonuses. I think DICE realized this, and made the maps MUCH bigger to discourage the running amok...you're going to lose a lot of time running around in the wild, getting no points. Unless of course you use transport vehicles properly. Again, well thought out design. Can't wait.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Decreped Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Like Dan said, the recon class is way different in BF3 then in BC2. In BC2 I could just run around like a mad man quick/no scoping the nearest derp to me and keep running. But in BF3 if I'm using a semi auto rifle I have to consider the recoil, bullet spread, and recovery time between shots so I had slow myself down a lot in the beta to compensate for all of this. And as for the bolt action rifles I had to step back a bit to get around because if I'm in their face with the SV98 and I don't get a head shot, I'm fucked. But since dice was kind enough to add a laser pointer to the game no scoping is definatly made easier but not suggested. As for the radio beacon, I think that its a fucking great idea and defiantly can change the tide of a game with a good squad and a well placed beacon. On the third base I usually rush up the back stairs into what I like to call the Shack near the back of the enemy base, and from their I can basically cut the other team off from the Mcoms.

Monkey couldn't be more right about conquest. There is no way in hell people will be just running around in conquest. With how fast you can die in BF3 just running around is probably the dumbest thing you can do. We are going to have to be a lot more tactical in BF3 for sure. Being on the offensive on conquest is totally going to be hard but definatly interesting.
Decreped
Decreped
Grapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Watkins34 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 pm

I agree with decreped the recon class is not the same as in BC2 the guns are all even. Guns like the SV98 the M98B and M40 u have to be carful with u can get a one hit kill the SV98 and M40 by aiming in-between the chin and breast iv doin it a lot of times with the SV98 and I love the mobile beacon. And conquest will be great as long as we work as a team. Watkins out afro
Watkins34
Watkins34

Back to top Go down

Post by null Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

So far I have seen 2 battlefield 3 billboards...
null
null
Hates Mexican Food
Hates Mexican Food

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Battlelog is 404 now...
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by null Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:Battlelog is 404 now...

Saw that... I am thinking as soon as it starts up we need to create a platoon again.
null
null
Hates Mexican Food
Hates Mexican Food

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't think they'll wipe everything, just stats. Any platoons created will probably persist.
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PrS Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:20 pm

GoMonkey66 wrote:I don't think they'll wipe everything, just stats. Any platoons created will probably persist.
'

this was not the case with KZ3, everything was wiped from the beta, we'll see
DaN-PrS
DaN-PrS
Caldo Verde
Caldo Verde

Back to top Go down

Post by GoMonkey66 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:33 pm

...cunts. Mad
GoMonkey66
GoMonkey66
TROLL
TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next